Full-time Assistant Account Executive needed to provide support to both the Account Executive and Owner of Tallahassee-based Association Management Organization. Duties will include coordinating details related to planning conferences, attending conferences both locally and out of town, making and answering phone calls and emails from clients and vendors, maintaining membership databases, preparing documents for mailings, mail merging letters, printing labels and stuffing envelopes for mailings, and running occasional errands.
Detailed List of Duties:
- Calling hotels to request proposals for meeting space, hotel overnight room blocks and food and beverage for meeting/events.
- Contacting hotels and other vendors to make changes/additions to food and beverage orders, audio visual orders, etc.
- Answering phone calls with questions from clients and vendors
- Calling and/or emailing members with changes or updates to meetings
- Taking meeting registrations from members over the phone.
- Setting up telephone appointments with clients
- Stuffing meeting packets, name badges and welcome bags for meetings.
- Maintaining registration desk at meetings both locally and out of town.
- Helping load and unload boxes and signs at meetings both locally and out of town.
- Printing brochures, signs, programs and other handouts for meetings.
- Mail merging letters with databases, printing letters and envelopes, stuffing and mailing letters, brochures and other marketing materials
- You will at times be asked to run local errands including to FedEx, the post office, or to pick up plaques or awards for meetings, or to pick up lunch.
- You will be required to attend meetings in Tallahassee in addition to four or five out of town meetings in other cities in Florida per year. The out of town meetings will require overnight stay for 2 or 3 days at a time. Your hotel room and all travel expenses will be paid for by the organization.
- At least two (2) years professional experience in association management, meeting/event planning, sales, marketing, communications, customer service, or hospitality,
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word and Outlook Required, Excel and PowerPoint a plus) as well as the capacity to learn various new computer and web-based systems with a willingness to embrace new systems and system changes. Cannot be afraid of technology.
- Aggressive task management skills, knows how to prioritize and complete objectives on time.
- Extraordinary personal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and editing skills
- Focused attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines
- Friendly, upbeat personality and willingness to travel.
- Engaged and supportive team player. Must have the attitude of “I’ve got this!” and “How can I help?” There is no “I” in team!
- Self-directed, confident, and organized in work habits. Needs to be able to accept a task, seek and obtain resources needed for success, make the necessary decisions related to the task, and ensure timely completion to meet or exceed expectations.
- High School Diploma Required
- College Degree from an Accredited College Preferred
There is a set schedule of 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, with an hour for lunch. There will at times be overtime hours accrued when attending out of town conferences.